Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister * review *
I recently had the opportunity to try out the new Nancy Drew: Trail of the Twister computer game. I am not much of a gamer but I adored Nancy Drew when I was a kid so thought I would give it a try!
Team Up with Storm Chasers to Catch Culprits and Chase Tornadoes!
$100,000,000 is at stake in this competition to discover a formula to predict tornado touchdowns. But when equipment starts failing and crew members are injured, you as Nancy Drew, must join the team to keep them in the competition. Is it just bad luck that’s plaguing the storm chasers or is someone sabotaging their chances of winning?
• Play as Nancy Drew and go undercover as a storm chaser.
• Immerse yourself in meteorology by studying clouds, reading Doppler data, and surviving tornadoes
• Drive the Doppler truck, catch prairie dogs, and maintain weather equipment
• Collect pennies by playing arcade games to purchase collectible goodies from the store.
• Take risks without starting over – the game will automatically return the player to the point before the fatal mistake.
• Choose from two difficulty settings (Junior or Senior Detective) to allow players of all skill levels to solve the
I thought the game was interesting and I liked the option of playing as a junior detective... I really don't play many computer games! The graphics were very cool and the mystery keeps the player interested. The mini-games and puzzles are cool too. I doubt I'll be playing it much in all honesty... but that really has nothing to do with the game itself and more to do with the fact that I have 3 kids, a job and a house to keep together!
Thanks so much to HER Interactive for sending me a review copy of this game.